Athletes spend significant time training their bodies to run faster, jump higher and increase their agility. However, a poor diet can interfere with all of that hard work.
Not eating the right amount of calories can lead to poor energy levels and performance. Not eating the right proportion of protein, carbohydrates, nutrients and fluids can also restrict performance, decrease the body’s ability to build and repair muscle and decrease endurance.
Thankfully, Parkview Sports Medicine understands that. With the area’s only registered sports dietitians, Parkview Sports Medicine is able to offer athletes at any level the tools to gain an advantage over their competition.
Contact us at 260-266-4007 for more information or to schedule a consultation.
A sports dietitian can help with:
- Optimizing exercise and training programs
- Competition nutrition
- Recovery from injury
- Managing weight
- Hydration planning
- GI concerns
- Disordered eating concerns
- Off-season nutrition
- Travel nutrition
We offer a variety of nutrition services for both individual athletes and teams, including:
- Individual nutrition consultation
- Initial one-hour consultation: $120
- Follow-up 30-minute consultation: $60
- DEXA Body Composition Scan
- DEXA scan reporting fat and lean body mass, bone density: $25
- 15-minute post-scan consultation: $15
- Mini group sessions: $200
- This package of three sessions allows athletes to receive concise information, making it easier to retain and implement without taking time away from training. Three separate 15-minute presentations are followed by five minutes of questions and answers.
- Other services: $200 per hour*
- To meet your team's unique nutritional needs, we offer customized nutritional services, including, but not limited to:
- Team talks
- Fueling station implementation and/or maintenance
- Individual and team menu planning
- One-on-one, on-site consultations
*Reduced rates are available for Parkview Sports Medicine partners.