Give the gift of time… Become a volunteer
We are temporarily not currently accepting volunteer applications due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Please check back at a later time. Thank you for your support of Parkview patients, staff and providers.
There is nothing more powerful than a smile and an offer of assistance when you aren’t feeling well or are worried about
a family member or friend. Parkview LaGrange Hospital welcomes hundreds of patients and visitors each year. For many of them, it is a volunteer who reaches out to them as they arrive and makes a difference.
To be considered for a volunteer position, you must:
- Submit an application
- Provide proof of age (18 years or older*)
- Provide one personal reference
- Complete an interview
- Be screened for TB (tuberculosis testing and reading required)
- Attend orientation
*A limited number of 16 & 17 year olds may be accepted pending approval by the coordinator.
Our volunteers enjoy many benefits including the satisfaction that comes from helping others and learning new skills. Among the other benefits of volunteering are:
- A 10 percent discount in the gift shop
- A meal coupon on the day of volunteering. Volunteers receive the same discounts as employees in the hospital cafeteria
- A free annual flu shot
- A free annual TB screen
- A 20% discount at the gift shop during the Employee and Volunteer Appreciation Sales offered that occur several times each year
- A holiday gift
- Use of Parkview's outpatient pharmacy
These are just a few of the services hospital volunteers provide:
- Guide patients and visitors to their destination
- Provide messenger or transport service for hospital staff
- Assist with clerical work
- Run the gift shop
- And many more
If you have an interest in helping others and a few hours you are able to donate once a week, Parkview LaGrange Hospital would like to invite you to become a volunteer. Volunteer opportunities are available seven days a week, particularly on evenings and weekends.
For more information, contact Christina Blaskie, Volunteer Manager, (260) 463-9389, ext. 49389, firstname.lastname@example.org.