Patient-centered care for cancer survivors
Complete cancer care extends beyond fighting cancer. The Parkview Cancer Institute Survivorship Clinic offers treatment, support and education after cancer treatment is complete. Living with a history of cancer is unique for each person. Survivorship care can help you transition from illness-oriented treatment to wellness-focused care.
This specialty clinic is part of your care team and is staffed by physicians and advanced practice providers who specialize in caring for those who have completed cancer treatment. It’s all a part of the Parkview Cancer Institute continuum of care.
Expert supportive care
Your journey doesn’t end when your treatment is complete – it continues with the support of the expert team at the Survivorship Clinic. You will be seen at the clinic annually or more often, based on your specific needs and individualized care plan. Your visit will include:
- A review of your cancer treatment and the potential long-term effects.
- A comprehensive assessment to identify and manage any side effects to support your physical, emotional, social, spiritual and financial needs.
- Updating and evaluating your history for possible genetic risks that may warrant genetic testing.
- Education on risk reduction for recurrence of your primary cancer and prevention of secondary cancers.
- Development of a screening plan for other possible cancers.
- An individualized wellness plan based on your goals.
The Survivorship Clinic addresses physical and emotional issues you may face after therapy is complete, including:
- Fear of recurrence
- Living with uncertainty
- Bone loss
- Sexual dysfunction
- Cardiovascular disease
- Memory issues
- Other concerns
The Survivorship Clinic is located at:
Parkview Regional Medical Center, Entrance 11, Suite 010