Why get a second opinion?
Whether you have been newly diagnosed with cancer or have already begun a treatment plan, Parkview Packnett Family Cancer Institute is always available to provide a second opinion. We understand that receiving a cancer diagnosis can leave you with many questions and that you are likely anxious to begin treatment. Early detection and treatment are important variables in the cancer journey. That’s why Parkview Packnett Family Cancer Institute believes in providing second opinions quickly and efficiently, while providing a thorough review and recommendation, all with the goal of providing you much needed peace of mind.
A second opinion is meant to:
- Confirm or correct a prior diagnosis
- Determine the stage and extent of the cancer
- Determine applicable alternative therapies outside of your current treatment plan
- Provide input from a subspecialized multidisciplinary team of experts
- Allow access to applicable clinical trials
You may also seek a second opinion for other reasons, including:
- Your current providers aren’t sure how to proceed with your care plan
- You want the opinion of a specialist in your specific type of cancer
- You are unsure which treatment option to choose
- You have a rare cancer
- You do not feel all your needs are being met with your current provider
- Additional reassurance of your path forward