Nurse Practitioner Students
Explore options to enhance your learning experience.
Clinical experiences, or “clinicals,” are college level, school-sponsored learning experiences for nurse practitioner (NP) students offered in our patient care areas at Parkview Physicians Group office locations. Each experience must be part of an approved school program affiliated with Parkview. Student experiences are led by college faculty and selected Parkview professionals.
A clinical experience can last:
- A semester or quarter for college students in nursing programs.
- Longer periods of time, depending on school requirements.
- Must be part of an approved NP program affiliated with Parkview.
- Clinical experiences must have an affiliation agreement in place between the school and Parkview.
- “Independent” clinicals not connected to a school program will not be allowed.
- Must be coordinated in partnership with school faculty.
- Must follow established learning goals and objectives.
- Must be unpaid in exchange for greater learning benefit to the student. Most clinicals are awarded course credits at completion.
- Complete student required reading and forms.
- Approval by Parkview Student Services Department.
- Must contact the Medical Staff Services Office at the designated Parkview facility for clearance to follow physicians in the hospital as part of the clinical experience.
- Complete and submit the Student Placement Request and Student Passport forms at least two weeks prior to your start date.
- Please state on the Placement form if you have already found a placement
- Once forms are submitted you will receive a student ID and password.
- You will need to sign in and complete your two mandatory CBLs within 20 days.
- Once your CBLs are complete you will gain network access.
Requesting a student placement
Please complete the following forms and submit them to Parkview Student Services.
Completed Student Passport Forms are due electronically at least two weeks prior to your start date. Prior to or on the student’s first day at Parkview students will not be permitted to proceed with learning experiences until completed Passport Forms are submitted. Students in multiple clinicals need only complete one Passport per year.
For login, password or technical assistance, please contact Parkview IS Service Center Help Desk at (260) 266-8500. Assistance is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For questions or further assistance, please contact the Student Services team at email@example.com.
Completed forms can be faxed to (260) 373-3168 or emailed in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.