Undergraduate Medical Education
Our undergraduate medical education (UME) program offers a select number of electives for both third- and fourth-year medical students. Students who choose Parkview Health will have the opportunity to work one-on-one with their assigned preceptors to obtain a meaningful and comprehensive learning experience.
Preference will be given to medical students who meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled in an accredited U.S. Allopathic or Osteopathic Program
- Enrolled in an International Medical School approved by the Medical Licensing Board of Indiana
- Currently in good standing with an accredited/approved medical school
- Passed (on the first attempt) all USMLE / COMLEX exams and course work.
Requesting a placement
All medical students (student doctors) from Indiana University School of Medicine, Marian College of Osteopathic Medicine, and Toledo University College of Medicine are processed by Dawn Smith, UME Coordinator at Parkview Health.
Who can apply
We welcome medical students from:
- Accredited U.S. Allopathic or Osteopathic Programs holding an affiliation agreement Parkview Health.
- International Medical Schools approved by the Medical Licensing Board of Indiana.
When to submit an application
- Applications must be submitted at least 90 days prior to the start of the requested rotation.
- Those selected for a rotation will be notified by email.
How to apply
- Complete all sections of the Rotation Request Form
- Send a copy of all documents requested on Rotation Request Form
Currently, all Internal Medicine and General Surgery Audition and Elective rotations are on hold as Parkview Health welcomes their first class of resident physicians to these ACGME-accredited specialty programs starting July 1, 2022. Rotations to these specialties will begin at a future date.
Rotation request form
This form must be filled out completely and submitted with a copy of your transcripts. We will review your request after we receive your complete Request Form, unofficial medical school transcript, and USMLE/COMLEX transcript.
Medical student observations
Parkview Health offers one-two day opportunities for medical students who are looking for observation experiences alongside Parkview Physicians. Medical Students interested in this experience must complete the Parkview Health Observation Packet, and submit three weeks prior to requested observation date via email to Dawn Smith, Parkview Health UME Coordinator, at Dawn.Smith@parkview.com.