Second Opinions for Cancer
Why get a second opinion?
Whether you have been newly diagnosed with cancer or have already begun a treatment plan, Parkview Packnett Family Cancer Institute is always available to provide a second opinion. We understand that receiving a cancer diagnosis can leave you with many questions and that you are likely anxious to begin treatment. Early detection and treatment are important variables in the cancer journey. That’s why Parkview Packnett Family Cancer Institute believes in providing second opinions quickly and efficiently, while providing a thorough review and recommendation, all with the goal of providing you much needed peace of mind.
Get a second opinion
Fill out our contact form or call Parkview Packnett Family Cancer Institute at 833-724-8326 or 260-266-7100 for a second opinion today.
Request a second opinion now
A second opinion is meant to:
- Confirm or correct a prior diagnosis
- Determine the stage and extent of the cancer
- Determine applicable alternative therapies outside of your current treatment plan
- Provide input from a subspecialized multidisciplinary team of experts
- Allow access to applicable clinical trials
You may also seek a second opinion for other reasons, including:
- Your current providers aren’t sure how to proceed with your care plan
- You want the opinion of a specialist in your specific type of cancer
- You are unsure which treatment option to choose
- You have a rare cancer
- You do not feel all your needs are being met with your current provider
- Additional reassurance of your path forward
Why should I get a second opinion from Parkview Packnett Family Cancer Institute?
Parkview Packnett Family Cancer Institute has unique surgical options and innovative clinical trials not available elsewhere in the region. Our oncology experts are subspecialized, meaning if you have breast cancer, your treatment team will consist of experts who only treat breast cancers – they aren’t seeing patients with any other type of cancer. This focus allows more exposure and experience, and a concentrated level of expertise.
Better Cancer Care
Learn how our sub-specialized teams focus on one type of cancer – yours.
View our Care Teams
Clinical trials allow access to cutting-edge techniques and cancer treatments.
Our Palliative Oncology team addresses symptoms of cancer and its treatment.
Download the Guide to Second Opinions for helpful information.
Learn about Parkview Cancer Institute's response to COVID-19.
Ready for a Second Opinion?
Complete the online form to connect with our care teams.
Take the Next Step
Contact Parkview Packnett Family Cancer Institute for a second opinion today.
833-724-8326 or 260-266-7100
Cancers We Treat
Parkview Packnett Family Cancer Institute has specialists who focus on specific types of cancer. For more information, call 833-724-8326.
View cancers we treat.