Care for COVID-19 long-haulers
Following a COVID-19 infection, symptoms may linger after recovering from the acute infection, indicating that a person is experiencing long-COVID. These symptoms may linger for weeks, months or even years and have the potential to significantly impact a person’s quality of life.
Parkview’s Post-COVID Clinic serves patients 18 and older who have recovered from the acute phase of COVID and are experiencing lingering symptoms for at least 4 weeks.
Symptoms of long COVID are present 4 weeks or more after a COVID-19 infection. The symptoms may get worse after mental or physical activity, and they can come and go.
Long COVID can affect many parts of the body, causing a wide range of symptoms. Common symptoms include:
- Cognitive impairment/Brain fog
- Shortness of Breath
- Taste/smell change or loss
- Joint pain
- Cardiac issues
- Gastrointestinal issues
- Muscle pain
- Sleep disturbance
- Poor temperature regulation
- Hair loss
- Unintentional weight change
The Post-COVID Clinic takes a comprehensive approach to the care and support for symptoms persisting after recovery from a COVID infection. Findings from your appointment will be discussed with you and a personalized care plan will be sent home with you outlining the providers’ recommendations for your continued recovery.
As a patient referred to our clinic, you will benefit from services to help you recover, including:
- Collaborative care management. A multispecialty team with expertise in neurology, physical therapy and pharmacy will complete an assessment and develop an individualized treatment plan for you.
- Assessments by multiple team members in one visit.
- Referrals to specialists or further testing are ordered as appropriate.
- All information from your appointment is shared with your primary care physician or referring provider, and you will continue to receive care from that provider.
Parkview’s Post COVID Clinic encourages lifestyle management including diet, exercise, sleep hygiene, weight and stress management and setting achievable goals to help in your recovery.
The Parkview Post-COVID Clinic requires a referral. If you are over 18, have recovered from the acute phase of COVID and are experiencing lingering symptoms for at least 4 weeks, contact your primary care provider to discuss whether a referral to the Post-COVID Clinic is right for you.