Community Paramedicine (CP) is a community-based care model where paramedics work outside their normal emergency response role to provide preventive and follow-up care to people in their homes or skilled care facilities. CP paramedics proactively focus on assisting people with regaining optimal well-being outside the hospital setting.
Our program assigns a Community Paramedic, who is a Parkview co-worker, to provide ongoing care to select patients.
The Community Paramedicine program provides:
- In-home visits, which help us get to know you and your unique situation
- A healthcare advocate who listens to you or your family’s concerns
- A professional to make you aware of available resources
- Assistance with home safety
- Medication organization
- Vital signs (blood pressure, pulse and oxygen level)
Parkview Community Paramedics have years of experience and training and were chosen to provide the care and support for your continued health.