Many nurses never know how many ways they can make a difference in a patient, patients' family or someone within the community life. Sometimes it can be as simple as the compassion given in your voice, while other times the opportunity is much bigger. Explore how Parkview nurses are making a difference within our health system and community.
Nursing Research and Evidence-based Practice
Research is essential for transforming the type of healthcare patients receive and how care is delivered. It impacts patient quality, safety and healthcare experiences.
At Parkview our nursing professionals look to research and evidence-based practices to ensure their patients are receiving the most up-to-date care. Our nurses actively participate in and conduct research across the system. Nursing research covers a broad range of topics including:
- Promotion of healthy lifestyles and illness prevention
- Enhancement in quality of life
- Caring for patients and families during periods of illness, injury and recovery
- Patient, client and family education
- Effective transition to various levels of care
- End-of-life care
Nursing research is vital to improving health; it provides new evidence for changing nursing practices in order to improve clinical outcomes. At the same time, it offers opportunities for professional development.
See active studies, nursing publication and posters and presentations by visiting Parkview Health research repository.
Parkview Nurse Annual Reports
- Read our Parkview Nurse 2019-2021 Annual Report
- Read our Parkview Nurse 2016-2017 Annual Report
- Read our Parkview Nurse 2014-2015 Annual Report