Parkview Physicians Group - Pediatric Specialties recognizes the importance of helping youth with deficits in function affecting movement, speech and cognition. Our pediatric physiatrist specializes in evaluating and coordinating care for children with physical impairments in order to help them maximize their abilities.
Trained in both pediatrics and physical medicine and rehabilitation, pediatric physiatrists work alongside rehabilitation therapists in order to provide goal-oriented care focused on quality of life and refining function across physical, emotional, familial, social and occupational domains. Pediatric physiatrists champion team-building by fostering relationships needed between the patient and their family and their care team including pediatricians, subspecialists, social workers, educators and orthotists. By involving physiatry early in a patient’s treatment, we can promote an effective, efficient health plan spanning from pre-habilitation to adulthood.
Conditions We Treat
Our pediatric physiatrist specializes in the treatment of the following conditions:
- Neurodevelopmental disabilities (cerebral palsy, spina bifida/meningomyelocele)
- Muscular dystrophies
- Traumatic brain injury or concussion
- Spinal cord injuries
- Congenital or acquired amputation
- Erb’s palsy
- Toe walkers
- Infant torticollis
- Nerve injuries
- Speech delays
- Low back pain
- Post-op orthopedic surgeries
- Joint pain
- Gait disorders (over- and under-pronators)
- Sensory integration disorders
- Motor incoordination (clumsy child syndrome)
- Functional co-morbidities of conditions (ADHD or autism, motor sequencing needed to dress one’s self, touch sensitivities, speech delays)
Services We Provide
- Spasticity management
- Tailored therapy programs
- Wheelchair evaluations
- Brace/Orthosis evaluations
- Prosthetic evaluations
Referral to Our Pediatric Physiatrist
Referral from your child’s primary care provider may be required. If your child has deficits in function affecting movement, speech or cognition, contact your pediatrician for a referral to our highly trained and experienced pediatric physiatrist today.
For more information about our pediatric specialties, call 260-266-5400.