Parkview Athletic Rehab Residency
The Parkview Athletic Rehabilitation residency program is a 13-month clinical residency that begins in June of 2020. The program allows residents to complete clinical work at state-of-the art physical therapy facilities that focus exclusively on athletes. The Parkview Athletic Rehab residency program is an ABPTRFE-certified residency.
Parkview Athletic Rehab exclusively treats athletes, allowing for a uniquely focused residency experience with the intent of providing the best training for sports clinical specialists. This unmatched opportunity includes working alongside physicians, physician assistants, athletic trainers, Sports Clinical Specialist (SCS) certified physical therapists and sports performance specialists.
Applicants must meet the following criteria by June 2020:
- Graduate from a CAPTE-accredited physical therapy program
- Eligible to practice physical therapy based on state of Indiana requirements
- Submit a letter of recommendation
- Complete an essay question
- Meet all eligibility requirements from Parkview Health System
- Be an APTA member (Sports Physical Therapy section) and in good standing
- Possess a current CPR certification
- Have completed or be enrolled in one of the following: certification as an Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) from the American Red Cross, hold a current Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) license, or have a current certification as an athletic trainer (ATC)
Applicants must have earned their Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) or be in the final year of completing their DPT. Upon completion of the residency, the candidate will then meet the requirements to take the SCS exam.
Through Parkview Athletic Rehab, your experience will span across three state-of-the-art facilities, five universities and 26 high schools in the Fort Wayne area.
Outcome data will be published here as data becomes available.
Any questions regarding the residency can be sent to Bryan Bourcier, Rehab Therapy Manager, Parkview Athletic Rehab, at Bryan.Bourcier@parkview.com.