Ronald McDonald House
The Ronald McDonald House® at Parkview Regional Medical Center is a 11,000 square foot, 15-room guesthouse that provides a home-away-from-home for the families of pediatric patients with daily and overnight accommodations, a large living space, laundry room, computer center and kitchen. The Ronald McDonald House is open to families 365 days a year, enabling you to be close to your child. The living areas are open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Sunday.
Parkview Regional Medical Center Campus
11109 Parkview Plaza Drive
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46845
Home away from home
Located within the Parkview Women’s & Children’s Hospital, the Ronald McDonald House is designed for the special needs of patients and their families both during the day and overnight when needed.
The House offers:
- Light breakfast
- Food and snacks
- Evening meals
- Space to relax with games and televisions
- Large kitchen and dining room
- Computer area
- Laundry room
- A comfortable place to sleep for short- and long-term stays
Overnight guests are referred via hospital staff. The criteria for overnight stay at the Ronald McDonald House include:
- Condition of the patient
- Location of the family’s home
- Transportation issues
- Other circumstances that may indicate the need for an overnight guestroom.
Prenatal rooms for high-risk moms-to-be
The Ronald McDonald House at Parkview offers prenatal rooms for moms-to-be that are experiencing high-risk pregnancies. These rooms are also free of charge.
Moms can be referred to this area by their physician if they are:
- Not in need of hospitalization but need to be close to the hospital.
- Live a substantial distance from their physician or hospital.
- Able to have someone age 18 or older staying with them.
For more information, visit RMHC-NEIndiana.org or call 260-266-3590.
Ronald McDonald House® is a registered trademark of McDonald’s Corporation.