Women's specialty heart care
At the Parkview Heart Institute, we take care of women’s hearts. Our team of experts is committed to educating women about heart health and providing care and guidance for those with risk factors or conditions of heart disease.
The Women’s Heart Clinic at Parkview Heart Institute provides:
- Coordinated care by the clinic care team, beginning with your assessment as a new patient, and the education, support and treatment that follows. At Parkview Heart Institute, all aspects of care will be provided in one convenient location.
- Specialized treatments that deliver cutting edge technology and an individualized treatment plan that addresses the unique ways that women experience heart disease.
- Education about your medications, dietary considerations and physical activities to best manage your symptoms.
- Answers to your questions.
The Women's heart clinic also provides cardiac obstetric care to:
- Women with a diagnosis of heart disease to determine the safety of pregnancy.
- Women who develop symptoms of heart disease during pregnancy.
- Women who develop issues during pregnancy, such as gestational diabetes and preeclampsia. These conditions often resolve after pregnancy but have been linked to a higher risk of heart disease and stroke later in life.