Advanced Medical Simulation Lab
Advanced medical training and simulation are hallmarks of cutting-edge health systems.
The medical simulation lab at Parkview Mirro Center for Research and Innovation is a state-of-the-art facility featuring some of the most advanced medical simulation technology available today. Parkview is dedicated to providing advanced clinical training to physicians, clinical teams and other healthcare professionals.
Facility and Technology
Individual physicians as well as teams of clinical professionals can train in one of three labs equipped with high-fidelity medical manikins. These manikins have features that include pupillary response to a light source, a flow meter to measure medication dosage, RFID sensors locaed in the head and arm to identify medications, multiple pulse points, ability to sweat, cry, and bleed, and countless other features.
The three labs offer unique clinical settings and capabilities. The medical simulation lab can accomodate simulated adult and pediatric traumas, and medical emergencies.
The medical simulation lab also features advanced virtual reality systems for training on endovascular, laparascopic and endoscopic procedures.
Virtual Reality Systems
- Simbionix ANGIO Mentor™: hands-on practice of endovascular procedures performed under fluoroscopy in the cath lab or interventional radiology suite
- Simbionix LAP Mentor™: a complete training solution to learners of all levels and across all disciplines including gynecology, urology and general surgery
- Simbionix GI-BRONCH Menor™: a comprehensive solution for the flexible bronchoscopy training needs of pulmonary and critical care physicians, anesthesiologists and interventional pulmonologists as well as endoscopic simulation for upper and lower gastrointestinal procedures.
- Anatomage Table: the most technologically advanced anatomy visualization system for anatomy education or visualization of any medical imaging data
ANGIO Mentor™, LAP Mentor™ and GI-Bronch Mentor™ are trademarks of 3D Systems.
High Fidelity Patient Simulators
- SimMan® 3G, Trauma and Essential: adult patient simulators designed to deliver the most realistic training possible
- SimMom®: advanced full body birthing simulator with accurate anatomy and functionality to faciliate multi-professional obstetric training of birth management with both manual and automatic delivery modes
- SimNewB®: realistic newborn traits and lifelike clinical feedback to train on the specific needs of neonates
- SimBaby: advanced infant patient simulator deisnged to meet the education and training needs of healthcare providers
- SimJunior®: interactive pediatric simulator designed to meet the education and training needs of healthcare providers
SimMom®, SimNewB® and SimJunior® are registered trademarks of Laerdal. SimBaby™ is a trademark of Laerdal.
The skilled technicians at Parkview's medical simulation lab will create clinical scenarios and adjust the manikins' symptoms and actions from a control room removed from the clinical space. Each clinical scenario is video recorded, allowing clinical teams to debrief after each training scenario.
If you'd like to schedule an individual or group training event, please contact us at (260) 266-7775 or send us a message.
Contact the Simulation Lab