When you sign up for text messages from Parkview Health, you consent for Parkview Health, including its providers and agents, to contact you via SMS/text message utilizing the mobile phone number you have provided. You understand and agree that by signing up for SMS/text messages:
- You may be contacted by auto-dialer technologies
- Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency may vary.
- SMS/text messages are not a secure form of communication, will not be encrypted, and may be viewed by a third party
- The information contained in SMS/text messages may include health information including, without limitation, your name, provider names, appointment dates/times, clinical departments/locations, billing or account information, or a link to a website to complete a patient experience survey.
When you sign up for text messages from Parkview Health, you understand and agree that the information or communications you may receive via SMS/text message include but are not limited to the following:
- Appointments: After Visit Summary, Appointment Confirmation, Appointment Information, Hospital Stay Notification, Patient Experience Surveys, Appointment Reminders, Scheduling Ticket, Wait List Offers
- Health: Advanced Care Planning, Bedside Document Notification or Document to Sign, Education Assigned During Admission, Prescriptions, Research Study Invitation, Medical Document Request, Test Results
- Billing: Balance Updates, Billing Letters, Estimates, Explanation of Benefits, Financial Assistance, Insurance Premium Invoice, Payment Processing Updates, Payment Reminders, Statement Notifications
- MyChart Account Management
- Telehealth: E-visit Reminder or Video Visit Reminder
- General communications: letters, messages, questionnaires, task updates & changes, and new flowsheets
You can opt-out of SMS messages by texting STOP to 56697, changing your communication preferences at any time in my MyChart account, or by calling 1-877-PPG-TODAY. If you opt-out of SMS/text messages by texting STOP to 56697, your opt-out request will generate one final message confirming that you have been unsubscribed and you will no longer receive SMS messages from the short code you opted out from. To opt back in to receiving SMS/text messages, you may change your communication preferences in MyChart or call 1-877-PPG-TODAY.
If you are experiencing issues with the messaging program you can reply with the keyword HELP for more assistance, or you can get help directly by calling 1-877-PPG-TODAY.
Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.