Non-Clinical College Learning Opportunities
Parkview offers college level non-clinical students internships and externships, which are school-sponsored learning experiences that pair approved students with Parkview professionals to learn more about their identified field of study.
Non-clinical experiences may be:
- One semester or more.
- 40 − 200 hours to satisfy course requirements.
- Longer internship options may be considered, depending on school requirements.
Students who are accepted for college non-clinical internship or externship placements will be instructed to complete online educational modules which allow students access into the Parkview Health system.
“Independent” internships that are not connected to a school program may not be permitted. Please contact us for more information.
- Participants must be part of an approved school program affiliated with Parkview.
- Students must follow the established learning goals and objectives.
- Internship and externship experiences must be unpaid in exchange for greater learning benefit to the student. Most internships are awarded course credits at completion.
- Completed student required reading and forms.
- Internships/externships must be coordinated in partnership with school faculty.
- Must be approved by Student Services department
Requesting a Non-Clinical College Learning Opportunity
- Request must be made using the Learning Opportunity Request Form
- Application submission does not guarantee placement with a Parkview Health provider.
- Notify our office immediately to withdraw a pending application or update an existing application.
- “Cold-calling” or any form of impersonal approach by students to solicit Parkview Health preceptors is prohibited.
Completed request forms should be submitted according to the deadlines below.
Contact the Student Services Department
For questions or further assistance, please contact the Student Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org.