Non-Clinical College Internships
Parkview offers college level non-clinical students internships and externships, which are school-sponsored learning experiences that pair approved students with Parkview professionals to learn more about their identified field of study.
Non-clinical experiences may be:
- One semester or more.
- 40 − 200 hours to satisfy course requirements.
- Longer internship options may be considered, depending on school requirements.
Students who are accepted for college non-clinical internship or externship placements will be instructed to complete online educational modules which allow students access into the Parkview Health system. Student Services will also ensure educational affiliation agreements are in place between the Parkview Health clinical site and educational institution. Please visit the Educational Affiliation Agreement site for more information about additional student requirements before the start of the education experience.
“Independent” internships that are not connected to a school program may not be permitted. Please contact us for more information.
- Participants must be part of an approved school program affiliated with Parkview.
- Students must follow the established learning goals and objectives.
- Internship and externship experiences must be unpaid in exchange for greater learning benefit to the student. Most internships are awarded course credits at completion.
- Completed student required reading and forms.
- Internships/externships must be coordinated in partnership with school faculty.
- Must be approved by Student Services department
Requesting an Internship or Externship Placement
- Application submission does not guarantee placement with a Parkview Health provider.
- Notify our office immediately to withdraw a pending application or update an existing application.
- “Cold-calling” or any form of impersonal approach by students to solicit Parkview Health preceptors is prohibited.
Please complete the Clinical & Non-Clinical Placement Request Form and submit electronically to Parkview Student Services.
Completed request forms should be submitted no less than one month before the requested start date to allow for the processing and additional paperwork if the request is approved.
Already Have a Confirmed Placement?
Please complete the Student Passport Form and Review the Welcome Handbook and submit electronically to Parkview Student Services.
Forms will be collected by designated Parkview representatives. Students will not be permitted to proceed with learning experiences until completed Passport forms are submitted.
Contact the Student Services Department
For questions or further assistance, please contact the Student Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed forms can be emailed in PDF format to email@example.com.