Job shadowing is a brief period of observational experience that pairs you with a Parkview professional in order to provide more education about a particular career within our healthcare system. This program is not intended for vendors or medical product representatives.
Job shadowing experiences are:
- Designed for high school, college, and workforce individuals who are interested in career exploration.
- Four - eight hours long depending on individual need.
- Limited to 40 hours per semester
- Longer options may be considered, depending on course requirements and availability of Parkview professional.
Observers must be 14 years or older to participate.
- Some departments require observers to be 18 years or older and/or enrolled in healthcare program in order to shadow.
- Complete the Job Shadow Request Form to submit your request for consideration.
What Shadows are Available?
For additional information about the positions and facilities that are available for a shadow, please review the attachment.
Virtual options are also available and may be suggested depending on need, department availability, and area(s) of interest.
Requesting a Job Shadow Experience
To request a Job Shadow please complete the Job Shadow Request Form at least three weeks prior to your requested shadow. Once your request has been received, our team will work to confirm your job shadow and connect with you about the next step of the process.
For questions or further assistance, please contact our Job Shadow team at firstname.lastname@example.org.