High School Students
Internships, at the high school level, are school-sponsored learning experiences that pair senior students with Parkview professionals. In these experiences' students are placed with co-workers based on their career goals. The program is designed to allow high achieving students the opportunity to learn directly from industry professionals about the day-to-day responsibilities of their careers of interest.
High school internship experiences may be:
- One semester or trimester in length depending on the requirements of the school.
- 40 − 200 hours to satisfy course requirements.
- Longer internship options may be considered, depending on school requirements.
“Independent” internships not connected to a school program may not be permitted. Please contact us for more information.
- Student must be part of an approved school program affiliated with Parkview.
- Student must follow the established learning goals and objectives provided by the school.
- Internship experiences must be unpaid in exchange for greater learning benefit to the student. Most of the internships are awarded course credits at completion.
- Student must complete the application and interview process, as well as all required readings and forms.
- Internships must be coordinated in partnership with school faculty.
Requesting a High School Internship Experience
If you are interested in participating in the High School Internship Program, please meet with your school’s internship coordinator/ career counselor to discuss your school’s involvement in the program. Your school’s coordinator must contact Parkview Talent Acquisition to make arrangements.
The Parkview Talent Acquisition team will distribute applications to partner schools in January each year. All applications will be due on April 1st of the prior school year. During April and May, interviews will be conducted and students will be selected for available internships.
Contact the Talent Acquisition Department
For questions or further assistance, please contact the Talent Acquisition team at Sabrina.Loving@parkview.com.