Clinical Learning Opportunities
Clinical experiences or “clinicals”, internship, externships, & practicums are college-level, school-sponsored learning experiences that take place in our patient care areas. Each experience must be part of an approved school program affiliated with Parkview. Student experiences are led by college faculty or selected Parkview professionals.
Clinical experiences may be:
- A semester, quarter, trimester, term, or more for college students.
- 40 − 200 hours to satisfy course requirements.
- Longer or shorter internship options may be considered, depending on school requirements.
Students who are accepted for college clinical internship or externship placements will be instructed to complete online educational modules which allow students access into the Parkview Health system.
“Independent” internships that are not connected to a school program may not be permitted. Please contact us for more information.
- Must be part of an approved school program affiliated with Parkview and have an affiliation agreement in place between the school and Parkview.
- Must be coordinated in partnership with school faculty.
- Must follow established learning goals and objectives.
- Must be unpaid in exchange for greater learning benefit to the student. Most clinicals are awarded course credits at completion.
- Must complete student required reading and forms.
- Must be approved by Student Services department.
Requesting a Clinical Learning Opportunity
- Request must be made using the Learning Opportunity Request Form
- Application submission does not guarantee placement with a Parkview Health provider.
- Notify our office immediately to withdraw a pending application or update an existing application.
- “Cold-calling” or any form of impersonal approach by students to solicit Parkview Health preceptors is prohibited.
Completed request forms should be submitted according to the deadlines below.
Contact the Student Services Department
For questions or further assistance, please contact the Student Services team at email@example.com.