APP Student Internships
Clinical experiences or “clinicals”, internship, externships, & practicums are college-level, school-sponsored learning experiences for Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant students offered in our patient care areas at Parkview Physicians Group locations. Each experience must be part of an approved school program affiliated with Parkview. Student experiences are led by college faculty and selected Parkview professionals.
APP student experiences may be:
- A semester, quarter, trimester, term, or more for college students.
- 40 − 200 hours to satisfy course requirements.
- Longer or shorter internship options may be considered, depending on school requirements.
Students who are accepted for college APP internship or externship placements will be instructed to complete online educational modules which allow students access into the Parkview Health system.
“Independent” internships that are not connected to a school program may not be permitted. Please contact us for more information.
- Must be part of an approved NP or PA program affiliated with Parkview and have an affiliation agreement in place between the school and Parkview.
- Must be coordinated in partnership with school faculty.
- Must follow established learning goals and objectives.
- Must be unpaid in exchange for greater learning benefit to the student. Most clinicals are awarded course credits at completion.
- Complete student required reading and forms.
- Must be approved by Student Services department
Requesting an Internship or Externship Placement
- Request must be submitted using the Learning Opportunity Request Form
- Application submission does not guarantee placement with a Parkview Health provider.
- Notify our office immediately to withdraw a pending application or update an existing application.
- “Cold-calling” or any form of impersonal approach by students to solicit Parkview Health preceptors is prohibited.
Below is a breakdown of the program dates including when Student Services accepts APP student request forms.
Please complete the Learning Opportunity Request Form and submit electronically to Parkview Student Services within the appropriate dates.
In addition to the request form please attach a copy of the following:
- Unofficial School Transcript
- Current Resume
- Letter of Recommendation
- Letter of recommendation should be 200 words or less, written by school faculty or staff.
Completed request forms and accompanying documents should be submitted no less than one month before the requested start date to allow for the processing and additional paperwork if the request is approved.
Contact the Student Services Department
For questions or further assistance, please contact the Student Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org.