Allied Health Students
Learn more about clinical experiences in your profession.
Clinical experiences, or “clinicals,” are college-level, school-sponsored learning experiences that take place in our patient care areas. Each experience must be part of an approved school program affiliated with Parkview. Student experiences are led by college faculty or selected Parkview professionals.
A clinical experience time period can be:
- A semester or quarter for college students.
- Longer periods of time, depending on school requirement
Allied health professions include physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech language pathology, PTA, OTA, respiratory therapy, surgical technology, pharmacy, pharmacy technician, medical/laboratory technician, phlebotomy technician, social work, mental health counseling and others.
- Must be part of an approved school program affiliated with Parkview.
- Clinical experiences must have an affiliation agreement in place between the school and Parkview.
- “Independent” clinicals not connected to a school program will not be allowed.
- Must be coordinated in partnership with school faculty.
- Must follow established learning goals and objectives.
- Must be unpaid in exchange for greater learning benefit to the student. Most clinicals are awarded course credits at completion.
- Completed student required reading and forms.
- Approval by Student Services Department.
- Complete and submit the Student Placement Request and Student Passport forms at least two weeks prior to your start date.
- Please state on the Placement form if you have already found a placement.
- Once forms are submitted you will receive a student ID and password.
- You will need to sign in and complete your two mandatory CBLs within 20 days.
- Once your CBLs are complete you will gain network access.
Requesting a student placement
Please complete the following forms and submit them to Parkview Student Services.
Completed Student Passport Forms are due electronically at least two weeks prior to start date. Students will not be permitted to proceed with learning experiences until completed Passport Forms are submitted. Students in multiple clinicals need only complete one Passport per year.
For login, password or technical assistance, please contact Parkview IS Service Center Help Desk at (260) 266-8500. Assistance is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For questions or further assistance, please contact the Student Services team at email@example.com.
Completed forms can be faxed to (260) 373-3168 or emailed in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.