Tai Chi Classes
The Parkview Center for Healthy Living offers several movement classes, including Tai Chi. Call us at (260) 266-6500 for the details about the next available session.
What is Tai Chi?
Tai Chi Chuan means supreme ultimate fist. Though Tai Chi originated as a martial art, it has become recognized as a gentle, yet effective exercise and healing program that can be used by almost everyone, regardless of age or physical condition. Tai Chi is a low-impact exercise done in slow motion. Its effects and benefits are gradual and natural.
When practiced regularly, Tai Chi can help:
- Improve your balance and circulation
- Lower your blood pressure
- The flexibility of your joints
- Improve your breathing and coordination
- Strengthen organs and nerves
- Stretch your muscles
- You develop a quiet peace within
- Relax you, physically and emotionally
- Reduce and/or manage stress
- You gain mental clarity