Conditions & Treatments
Listed below are just some of the conditions you might see a general surgeon for:
- Abdominal trauma
- Bowel obstruction
- Colon screening
- Diverticulitis or diverticulosis
- Gallbladder stones or inflammation
- Hernias – umbilical, hiatal, inguinal, femoral and incisional
- Skin lesions
Parkview’s general surgeons are specialized in a wide variety of procedures using the latest laparoscopic and robotic techniques. Our goal is to help patients to recover faster, have less pain and get back to their lives more quickly. We conduct minimally invasive surgeries using the da Vinci© Surgical System.
Below are just some treatments options provided by a general surgeon:
- Gallbladder surgery
- Hernia repairs
- Hiatal – a condition where part of the stomach pushes through into the chest cavity and may be associate with reflux
- Incisional – a condition where fat, intestines, or other abdominal tissues pushes through a weakness in the abdomen caused by an incision
- Inguinal – a condition where fat or intestinal tissue push through the inguinal canal in the groin area
- Umbilical – a condition where fat, intestines, or fluid pushes through the area around the belly button
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Open procedures
- Robotic surgery
- Upper endoscopy
Meet Our Team
Expert surgeons providing personalized, expert care you deserve.
View our providers.
To make an appointment with one of our general surgeons, please call (260) 484-9611.
Here are answers to some of our frequently asked questions regarding general surgery.