Know the Symptoms
Being able to recognize the symptoms of a stroke is critical. BE FAST is a simple tool to help you learn and remember stroke symptoms so you know when to seek medical attention for yourself or someone else.
Remember the phrase “BE FAST” and call 911 if you notice any of these symptoms of stroke:
- Loss of balance, loss of coordination or severe dizziness
- Change in vision in one or both eyes
- Uneven or drooping smile, numbness of face
Arm (or leg)
- Weakness, numbness, paralysis - especially on one side of the body
- Slurred speech, difficulty talking or understanding
Make sure your family members, co-workers and friends know about BE FAST, too. The more people who know the significance of BE FAST in cases of stroke, the more lives that can be saved – and the fewer people who may have to cope with lifelong disability.
See our stroke risk scorecard to better know how you and your loved ones may lower the risk of having a stroke.
Learn more about stroke services at Parkview