High Risk and Cancer Risk Reduction Program
At Parkview Cancer Institute, we believe that complete cancer care extends beyond fighting cancer and into cancer prevention. That’s why we have a specialized high risk clinic offering education and surveillance for those who are at a higher than average risk of developing cancer. Having a high cancer risk does not mean that you will develop cancer. It could mean that you carry a genetic marker or have a family history or other factors that may increase the possibility of developing cancer.
The High Risk and Cancer Risk Reduction Program is comprised of a dedicated, multidisciplinary medical team focused solely on those with an increased cancer risk. From risk-reduction strategies to screening and surveillance plans designed to catch cancers early, this specialized team can help you make informed health and well-being decisions right now that may impact you later.
Benefits of the program include:
- Complete cancer risk assessments
- Genetic counseling and testing when appropriate
- Development of personalized screening plans
- Medical management and collaboration, coordination and communication with your primary care provider
- One group of specialists consulting on and providing your recommended cancer screenings throughout your continuum of care
Call now for information on scheduling an appointment. (833) 724-8326
Meet Our Team
Our unique approach to complete cancer care includes a medical team dedicated to providing expert, personalized care for those with higher risk of developing cancer – to prevent cancer if possible and to catch it early, when it is more easily treated if it does develop.
Our multidisciplinary team of specialists focused on cancer prevention and early detection includes:
- Advanced practice providers
- Genetic counselors
- Dietitians focused on cancer prevention
- Exercise physiologist
- Physical therapist
- Social workers
- Financial counselor