Cancer Risk Assessment
Does cancer run in your family?
Below are some general reasons to consider an appointment with the Parkview Cancer Institute High Risk and Cancer Risk Reduction Program.
If any of the following apply to you, talk to your physician about a referral or, you may self-refer by calling 833-724-8324.
- Concern over your family* history of cancer
- Two or more people on the same side of the family with cancer
- A family member with more than one cancer
- A family member with breast cancer, colon cancer, or uterine cancer at age 50 or younger
- A family member with any of the following:
- A personal history of the following:
- 10 or more colorectal polyps
- A colonoscopy showing multiple or large, flat polyps
- Known genetic mutations that harbor elevated risk of cancer, including but not limited to CDH1 and BRCA
- Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry (25% or higher)
*Your family includes your first, second and third-degree relatives.
- 1st degree relatives include your children, parents, brothers and sisters.
- 2nd degree relatives include your aunts, uncles, grandparents, grandchildren, nieces and nephews and half-siblings.
- 3rd degree relatives include your cousins, great aunts and uncles, great grandparents.
Call now for information on scheduling an appointment. (833) 724-8326
High Risk and Cancer Risk Reduction
Explore the benefits of this program offering education and surveillance for those who are at a higher than average risk of developing cancer.
Learn more about this program
Cancer Care Teams
Learn about the unique Parkview Cancer Institute cancer care team approach, offering experts not just focused on cancer, but focused on your specific type of cancer.
Learn More about our care teams