COLUMBIA CITY, IND. – July 27, 2023 – Parkview Whitley Hospital and the Parkview Center for Healthy Living invite area residents in need of lab testing to sign up for Check-Up Day at the hospital on Wednesday, Aug. 9.
Check-Up Day makes it convenient to obtain common lab tests at a reduced cost. The event will take place from 7 to 9:30 a.m. on the lower level of the hospital.
Participants have a choice between two blood test packages.
- The Green Package includes a lipid profile and glycohemoglobin A1C for $50.
Also, any of these tests can be added for an extra charge:
• Comprehensive metabolic profile (CMP), $25
• Complete blood count (CBC), $15
• Thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), $30
• Prostate-specific antigen (PSA) for men, $30
- The Diamond Package includes the two tests in the Green Package PLUS the four optional tests listed above for a total cost of $115. The Diamond Package can also be purchased without the PSA for $100.
Individuals who choose either wellness package can also add any of these additional tests:
• Iron, $15
• Vitamin B12, $25
• Vitamin D, $40
Either wellness package requires a 10- to 12-hour fast before the appointment. During fasting, it is OK to drink water to avoid dehydration and take regular medications as prescribed. Questions may be directed to 260-266-6500.
Apart from the wellness packages, three single tests are available. Fasting is not required for these tests:
• Glycohemoglobin A1C, $30
• TSH, $35
• PSA, $35
Pre-registration is required
Participants must register for a Check-Up Day event in advance by calling 260-266-6500. Make sure to leave a voicemail if a Parkview Center for Healthy Living team member is unavailable to take your call. Payment by credit card at the time of pre-registration is required.
For questions about which lab test options may be appropriate for you, please talk with your medical provider.
Information about this event can also be found at parkview.com/checkupdays.
Parkview Whitley Hospital is located at 1260 E. State Road 205 in Columbia City, Indiana. Check-Up Day guests should use the hospital’s main entrance.