Community Health Improvement
Parkview LaGrange Hospital's Community Health Improvement Program funds community health improvement efforts within the service area of Parkview LaGrange Hospital. The hospital sets aside 10 percent of its net income to fund community health initiatives.
Parkview LaGrange Hospital gives back to the community in the form of improved facilities, education and outreach programs, free and discounted care, volunteerism and much more. Parkview LaGrange Hospital is reaching out to make our neighborhoods and communities healthier in these and other ways:
- Financial assistance
- Community Health Improvement Initiatives
- Primary health care/access
- Health screening and prevention and disease management
Parkview's mission includes caring for people who can't afford to pay. Each year the hospital provides thousands of dollars in financial assistance to the community. The hospital places its priority on providing the necessary care, not on who is going to pay the bill.
Community Health Improvement Initiatives
The economic stresses of the past several years have impacted many at-risk populations. Parkview LaGrange Community Health Improvement initiatives includes support for agencies who provide direct services to these populations:
- LaGrange County Council on Aging
- The LaGrange County Food & Clothes Basket
- Northeast Indiana CASA Program in LaGrange County
- Elijah Haven Crisis Intervention Center
- Early Childhood Alliance
- Prairie Heights’ Boom-a-rang Backpacks
- Westview School Corporation Fitness-4-Life Program
- AED equipment and training for the Women’s Auxiliary of the LaGrange American Legion
- LaGrange County Economic Development
Primary Health Care Access
- Parkview LaGrange Hospital provides support to the Kenny Burkett Free Clinic to care for uninsured and underinsured LaGrange county residents.
- Provides specialized software support for a medication assistance program for LaGrange County residents.
Health Screening and Prevention and Disease Management
Parkview LaGrange Hospital sponsors and participates in numerous health fairs and activities throughout the year to provide health education, health screenings for disease prevention and to promote healthy lifestyles. The hospital also provides support groups to assist patients and families in managing disease.