Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Parkview Health Mom and Baby Innovation Competition?
Parkview Health and the Indiana Chapter of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society, HIMSS, has partnered with MATTER to explore, source and pilot digital and device-enabled solutions or services that address the challenge statement listed below:
- How might we better support underrepresented pregnant and new mothers throughout their healthcare journey as well as in their daily lives?
What types of ideas and solutions is this program seeking?
This competition is open to existing startups that have an established product market fit to university students with an idea for a product, solution or service that fits within the competition scope.
When is the application period?
Applications are accepted from 12:01am CST on May 19, 2021 through 11:59pm CST on July 28, 2021.
How do I apply for the competition?
You can apply at our website: www.parkview.com/innovation2021
How many times can I apply?
One application is allowed per team.
How many winners will be selected and will the winner be publicly disclosed?
5-7 semi-finalists will be selected to participate in the Innovation Competition on September 15, 2021. These semi-finalists will be given the opportunity to pitch virtually or in person on September 15, 2021 to a panel of subject-matter expert judges. Competitors will be responsible for their own travel expenses
We are planning to have an in-person portion of the event. However, the safety and health of our attendees are our top priority. We will continually monitor developments related to COVID-19, as well as local and national guidelines to ensure the health of the public. If needed, we will pivot to a fully virtual format. A portion of the event will be broadcast virtually for the public. 3-5 Finalists will be chosen to receive the opportunity to move to the accelerator phase. Finalists will be publicly disclosed once selected. All finalists will participate in an accelerator culminating on December 15, 2021.
What will the innovation competition finalists receive?
The top semi-finalist in the Healthy Mom and Baby Innovation Competition will receive a monetary prize based on the following:
1st Place: $10,000.
There will be up to 4 additional teams (5 total) selected to continue to the accelerator phase and final Pitch Competition in September.
How can the prize money be used?
The non-dilutive prize money can be used for any aspect of product or company operations that helps advance the development of the solution.
What will the pitch competition winner receive?
The opportunity to pilot or partner with Parkview Health
Further mentoring and education in the infant mortality and maternal health from selected and trained Parkview Health, MATTER staff and stakeholders from across the healthcare community.
A free 1-year membership at MATTER. For a full list of terms and conditions, click here.
Who chooses the semi-finalist and finalists?
Applicants are screened and evaluated by MATTER and Parkview Health. Finalists will be selected by a team of subject-matter experts.
What are you looking for in applications?
This competition is open to existing startups that have an established product-market fit to university students with an idea for a product, solution or service that fits within the competition scope.
Ability to clearly articulate the problem statement addressed in the competition description
- The description of the unmet market need of the stakeholders involved, and the deficiencies of current solutions.
- Teams ability to demonstrate evidence about customer solution fit and/or solution-market fit.
Quality, feasibility and scale of proposed solution or technology
- The description of the unique technical features of the product or service, the proposed benefits to stakeholders, any evidence or proof-of-concept supporting the impact of the solution, and the ability to scale to a broad market.
Differentiation of solution within the competitive landscape
- The description of how the proposed solution addresses the unmet need, why it would be sustainable, and how it is differentiated within the competitive landscape.
Capability of participant to develop and execute solution
- A description of the composition of the Participant Team and relevant background and experience of Participant or each Participant Team member that uniquely positions Participant to execute on this solution.
If I have additional questions not addressed here, where can I obtain more information?