Fort Wayne, Ind. – May 15, 2019 – Parkview Physicians Group will be launching its annual MD & Me: Walk-n-Learn program Tuesday, May 21, kicking off the first of a series of six opportunities to listen to a physician presentation on a health-related topic and then join the physician on a walk at the Salomon Farm Park Trail, near the Parkview Family YMCA.
“We’ve been very pleased with the turnout for our MD & Me: Walk-n-Learn Program,” said Dr. Mark O’Shaughnessy, a cardiologist with Parkview Physicians Group - Cardiology and founder of the program. “Our program offers a unique opportunity for community members to connect with physicians while learning how to make healthier lifestyle choices.”
Each session begins at the Salomon Farm Park Old Barn, 817 W. Dupont Road, Fort Wayne. After the educational presentation from the physician, participants will walk on the Salomon Farm Park Trail and are invited to ask questions specific to the topic from the presentation. Free blood pressure screenings, education materials, water and snacks are also provided.
Events are scheduled for 6-7 p.m. on the following days, with registration beginning at 5:45 p.m.:
- Tuesday, May 21: Dr. Kristen Gerhardstein, PPG – Family Medicine, “Vegan vs. Keto: What you need to know before changing your diet”
- Tuesday, June 18: Dr. Mark O’Shaughnessy, PPG - Cardiology, “How diabetes affects your heart health”
- Tuesday, July 16: Dr. Ashley Bojrab, DPM, PPG - Podiatry, “Learn what skin and nail changes reveal about your feet”
- Tuesday, Aug. 20: Dr. Lindsay Hardley, PPG – Oncology, “Breast cancer care and lowering your risk”
- Tuesday, Sept. 17: Dr. Ryan Singerman, PPG – Family Medicine & PPG – Weight Management & Bariatric Surgery, “Over-the-counter supplements: The good, the bad and the fake science”
- Tuesday, Oct. 15: Dr. Michele Helfgott, PPG - Integrative Medicine, “Understanding Alzheimer’s disease”
To register for MD & ME: Walk-n-Learn, visit parkview.com/mdandme or call 1-866-784-6706.