Nursing Students

Working at Parkview

​Nursing Clinicals

Clinical experiences in nursing

Clinical experiences or “clinicals” are college-level, school-sponsored learning experiences that take place in our patient care areas. Each experience must be part of an approved school program affiliated with Parkview. Student experiences are led college faculty or selected Parkview professionals.

A clinical experience can be:

  • A semester or quarter for college students in nursing.

  • Longer periods of time, depending on school requirement


  • Must be part of an approved nursing school program affiliated with Parkview.

  • Clinical experiences must have an affiliation agreement in place between the school and Parkview.

  • “Independent” clinicals not connected to a school program will not be allowed.

  • Must be coordinated in partnership with school faculty.

  • Must follow established learning goals and objectives.

  • Must be unpaid in exchange for greater learning benefit to the student. Most clinicals are awarded course credits at completion.

  • Completed student required reading and forms

  • Approval by Student Services Department.

Requesting a student placement

To request a student placement at Parkview, complete the following forms and submit them.

If you have received confirmation for a student placement, please complete the following items.

Completed Student Passport Forms are due prior to or on the student’s first day at Parkview. Forms will be collected by designated Parkview representatives. Students will not be permitted to proceed with learning experiences until completed Passport Forms are submitted. Students in multiple clinicals must complete a separate Passport for each clinical at Parkview.

For login, password or technical assistance, please contact Parkview IS Service Center Help Desk at (260) 266-8500. Assistance is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

For questions or further assistance please contact the Student Services team (260) 373-7226.

Completed forms can be faxed to (260) 373-3168 or emailed to  


Back to top