Parkview Health is now partnering with a personalized, patient and family social networking site – CaringBridge.org.
CaringBridge allows patients and families to set up and manage their own blogging and social networking site.
CaringBridge.org, offers free, personalized websites that connect family and friends during a serious health event. CaringBridge makes it easier to share health updates and receive messages of love and support. CaringBridge offers many options, including a variety of design templates and privacy options to create personalized ad-free website.
Why Parkview chose to partner with CaringBridge:
- Enhanced patient experience – information about CaringBridge will be shared with patients all along the care continuum – from DRAFT to discharge planning
- Easy access from Parkview.com through an icon link at the bottom of every page
- The move to CaringBridge will save Parkview $30,000 in annual fees.
- Like Parkview Health, CaringBridge is a not-for-profit organization
- Patients will be able to choose from 100 different templates
CaringBridge continues to make it even easier for users to stay in touch with their loved ones! Below are just a few of the recent and planned improvements. To learn more about these new features and how they can help patients and their families, visit www.CaringBridge.org/newfeatures.
- iPhone Application - This streamlined version of the website makes it easy to visit a personal CaringBridge site on-the-go.
- Facebook Connect - Facebook users can connect their profile to CaringBridge, making it easier to log in and share information.
- Mobile Website (coming June 2010) - The CaringBridge mobile website will provide a streamlined experience for anyone visiting from a web-enabled smartphone.
- Text Message Journal Notifications (coming soon) - Want to know about a family member or friend’s new journal post immediately? Soon CaringBridge visitors will be able to sign up to receive text message journal notifications on their mobile phone.