The Oaks is a long-term care center that offers a variety of services to its residents. Those who call The Oaks home are cared for with respect to their personal rights of dignity, privacy and confidentiality, in an atmosphere that fulfills their physical, emotional and social needs. The Oaks is committed to providing the highest level of care to those it serves.
A team of professional registered nurses, licensed nurses and nursing assistants are available to customize the patient’s care based on his or her need for skilled or intermediate nursing:
- Skilled care is provided to assist individuals who require intravenous therapy, physical, occupational or speech therapy, or skilled nursing services
- Intermediate care is provided for short- and long-term residents, and will assist individuals who need continuous medical care, as well as individuals who require minimal assistance and supervision to perform daily routines
Also at The Oaks:
- Staff members perform light or heavy housekeeping seven days a week
- Trained professionals counsel residents and family members on lifestyle changes and adjustments
- Residents can participate in a diverse activities program
- Staff members prepare delicious meals that meet the residents’ dietary needs and food preferences
- Emergency medication delivery and medication administration 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Health and beauty services, lab and x-ray, eye and dental, podiatry and orthotic, hearing-aid testing and maintenance services are available
Fax: (260) 248-9831
413 North Wolf Road
Columbia City, IN 46725
Oak Pointe helps Parkview Whitley Hospital fill a critical need in the community by providing Whitley County citizens with the opportunity to live in a residential, senior living community. This choice is welcomed by seniors who, while needing help with daily activities, are not ready to move into a nursing home.
Oak Pointe residents have the freedom to choose from a variety of programs, services and amenities. Those who choose Oak Pointe decorate their one or two-bedroom unit with their own belongings, and they enjoy full kitchens, individual mailboxes, and individually-controlled heat and air conditioning. They also have the opportunity to socialize with their neighbors in designated lounge areas, during activity programs, or on their back patio. They are free to invite guests, and a private dining room is theirs to use for special occasions.
Oak Pointe offers many amenities and on-site services, such as:
- Electric stove and oven, frost-free refrigerator, garbage disposal and spacious cabinets
- Heat and air conditioning with unit control in each apartment
- Handicap-accessible bathrooms, comfortable lounges in the community room, personal mailboxes and laundry facilities
- Restaurant style dining, beauty and barbershops, pet accommodation (up to 20 pounds)
- Private dining room for parties, basic housekeeping bi-weekly, bed linen and towel laundering weekly, utilities included, excluding telephone and cable, scheduled transportation
- 24-hour security and emergency response system
- Activities program appealing to many interests
For residents who require assistance with their daily routines, an Oak Pointe staff member can make referrals to outside service providers for medication reminders, bathing assistance, mobility assistance, toileting, companionship and nutritious meal preparation.
Fax: (260) 248-9861
413 N. Wolf Rd.
Columbia City, IN 46725