Parkview Whitley Hospital invests in the healthcare of tomorrow today, having recently opened a new $41.5 million facility on 42 partially wooded acres at the junction of US 30 and SR 205 in Whitley County.
Read more about it.
Parkview Whitley Hospital is dedicated to providing 24-hour emergency care and a wide range of services to the communities of Whitley County and beyond. The all-new 105,218 square-foot facility features all-private rooms and a wide range of expanded services. Attached is a 40,000 square-foot medical office building that is home to physical rehabilitat ion services, a sleep disorders lab, specialty clinics and Parkview Physicians Group physicians. Also, a new 5,500 square-foot ambulance building houses Parkview Whitley Hospital’s Emergency Medical Services (EMS).
Learn more – download Fact Sheet.
Designed for easier access, the new facility meets changing patient expectations in comfort, convenience and safety. Patient rooms are focused on comfort and convenience, designed to accommodate in-room treatment. Overall, the hospital provides greater access for outpatient procedures – a growing trend in healthcare as technology improves the patient experience, medical procedures and ultimate outcomes for better health.
Other features of the new hospital include:
- 21 spacious, private inpatient medical/surgical rooms, each 303 square feet in size, with three distinct areas for the patient, nurses and physicians and the family
- Four Constant Care Unit rooms
- A Family Birthing Center that includes five private labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum rooms, which provide:
- A special play area for children
- A convertible bed for the father
- Mother and baby stay together in the same comfortable room
- Two flat-panel televions in each patient room, one for the patient, the other for family members
- Three large surgical suites with state-of-the-art surgical equipment
- Greater access to outpatient care
- A larger, more efficient and more private Emergency Department
- A larger ED triage area
Two private trauma rooms and eight emergency exam rooms.
24-Hour Emergency Department
Family Birthing Center
Critical Care Unit eICU Network
Occupational Health Services
Sleep Disorder Lab
Diagnostic imaging: filmless digital technology in MRI, nuclear medicine, ultrasound, digital mammography, DEXA scans
Parkview Oaks, 81-bed long-term care facility
Parkview Pointe, 48-unit senior living facility
Giving back to the community
Parkview Whitley Hospital, as a nonprofit organization, has a responsibility to give back to the community. We give 10 percent of our surplus dollars to programs that help prevent illness through our Community Health Improvement program.
- More than 300 healthcare workers
- Purchased supplies and services