Dr. James Heger joined Fort Wayne Cardiology in 1988. He completed his cardiology training at Indiana University Medical Center and spent 10 years as a faculty member there prior to his move to Fort Wayne Cardiology.
Fort Wayne Cardiology became a member of Parkview Physicians Group in 2010 and changed its name to Parkview Physicians Group - Cardiology in 2011.
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology and the American College of Physicians
- Volunteer clinical professor of medicine at Indiana University School of Medicine, Fort Wayne
- Past president of Indiana American College of Cardiology
- Member of the Institutional Review Board at Parkview Hospital
- Member of The Best Doctors in America®, Midwest Region
- Earned a bachelor’s degree from LaSalle College in Philadelphia
- Graduated from the Georgetown University School of Medicine in Washington, D.C.
- Completed residency in internal medicine and served as chief medical resident for St. Vincent Hospital and Medical Center in New York
- Completed cardiology fellowship at Krannert Institute of Cardiology and the Indiana University School of Medicine
- Board certification in internal medicine and cardiovascular disease