A Culture of Care and Innovation
We are proud to offer our patients a combination of cutting-edge thinking, skillful care and extensive experience. Each year, we average nearly 30,000 office visits and consultations outside the hospital as well as some 40,000 daily hospital visits and consultations. In addition, we average approximately 73,000 tests and procedures annually, from electrocardiograms and stress tests to angiograms and pacemaker implants.
We lead the way in local coronary care, combining an impressive track record of innovation with a case volume that continually enhances our expertise.
Fort Wayne Cardiology (now Parkview Physicians Group -- Cardiology) Firsts
We’re proud to have performed the first of each of these procedures in the Fort Wayne area:
- Balloon valvuloplasty
- Coronary atherectomy
- Dipyridamole thallium-201 cardiac scan
- Signal-averaged electrocardiogram
- Transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE)
- Pacemaker implant by a cardiologist
- Coronary angioplasty
- Electrophysiologic study
- Transradial catheterization and stent
- Brachytherapy treatment
- Renal artery angioplasty and stent
- Ablation for tachycardia termination
We have also initiated these other important firsts for our patients:
- First cardiac research center
- First cardiac rehabilitation center
- First implantable cardiac defibrillator (ICD)
- First congestive heart failure and inotropic infusion center
- First point-of-care anticoagulation therapy unit
- First FDA-approved carotid stent and first carotid stent program
- First implanted cardiac loop recorder
A History of Growth
Fort Wayne Cardiology was established in 1978 with two cardiologists, one secretary, and one small office. Today we have a much larger, highly trained staff of 24 physicians and more than 175 nurses, medical assistants, technicians and administrative professionals. As a member of Parkview Health, we have immediate access to the expertise of the region’s largest healthcare provider, allowing an integrative approach to our patients’ healthcare needs.
In addition to our three Fort Wayne office locations, we provide 24-hour coverage at Parkview Regional Medical Center and provide services at 12 clinics in surrounding communities.
Fort Wayne Cardiology joined Parkview Physicians Group in 2010 and changed its name to Parkview Physicians Group - Cardiology in 2011.