Parkview Health Laboratories is a full-service network that includes laboratories at each of Parkview Health’s hospitals, patient service centers and other locations throughout northeast Indiana.
Patients receive courteous, prompt and cost-effective services. Physicians and other caregivers receive the information they require for the clinical decision-making process.
Our scientists, technicians, administrators and other staff members take pride in delivering outstanding service to patients, referring physicians, other referral sources and each of the communities we serve. Parkview Health Laboratories are certified by the American College of Pathologists and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Parkview Health Laboratories will provide the right results, in the right place, at the right time, for the right price.
Read more about locations, available tests, walk-in locations, appointments, and the Clinical Laboratory Science program at Parkview Hospital.
Learn more - Download Fact Sheet.
Lab visit basics
For the majority of laboratory tests performed for patients by Parkview Health Laboratories, no appointment is required. However, any person who will be receiving services should bring along a written order (lab requisition or physician’s script) that includes:
- Patient’s name
- List of tests requested
- Physician’s name and address
- Physician’s signature or other authorized signature
- Any special requests
If you need lab tests, feel free to visit the laboratory of your choice. To schedule an appointment, call one of the locations listed. Hours of operation vary, depending on location.
Procedures always requiring an appointment include:
- Autologous blood donation (Parkview Hospital)
- Bone marrow collection (Parkview Hospital)
- Glucose tolerance testing (Parkview, Parkview Huntington and Parkview Whitley hospitals and all patient service centers)
- Platelet aggregation studies (Parkview Hospital)
- Sweat chloride testing (Parkview and Parkview Huntington hospitals)
- Therapeutic phlebotomies (Parkview Huntington Hospital)
Parkview Genetics Center
The Parkview Genetics Center is one of only two licensed genetics labs in the state of Indiana. The lab provides a wide range of testing to determine the role of genetic abnormalities in:
- Unexplained symptoms
- Unsuccessful pregnancies/infertility
- Suspected genetic conditions
- Developmental risks, hereditary conditions
- Mood disorders/aggression/depression
- Metabolic disorders
- Cancer diagnosis and treatment planning
- Developmental delays/cognitive difficulties/autism spectrum disorder/ADHD difficulties