Parkview Genetics Center, a Parkview Health Laboratories facility, offers the latest in genetic testing methods to assist you in discovering chromosomal damage or deletions that may be at the root of your patients’ health conditions or unexplained symptoms.
Generally speaking, the earlier these genetic causes can be detected, the earlier interventions can begin and the better the possibilities of improved quality of life for the patient.
Parkview Genetics Center: Overview
The Parkview Genetics Center is ready to meet your needs. Using state-of-the-art equipment in a new facility, the center is:
- One of only two genetic testing laboratories in Indiana
- Accredited and certified by The College of American Pathologists
- Led by a board-certified geneticist who is also a licensed pediatrician
- Staffed by technicians certified in cytogenetics by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists
- Involved in national research groups
With more than 30 years of service to clients across the midwestern Great Lakes region, the center is committed to empowering families and physicians with information that can improve quality of life for patients and their loved ones.
The center’s researchers perform analysis using three types of testing:
- FISH (fluorescent in situ hybridization)
- CMA (chromosomal microarray analysis)
CMA, added in 2011, is a revolutionary technology capable of speeding the diagnostic process. More sensitive than traditional karyotype testing, CMA can detect genetic abnormalities on all chromosomes in a single test. The center performs CMA on blood samples.
The above tests are performed for a variety of conditions associated with:
- Behavioral and developmental issues
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Prenatal and fertility concerns
- Seizures and other unexplained neurological conditions
- Unexplained intellectual disability
- Multiple congenital anomalies
Pre-authorization and billing
Some insurance carriers cover the costs of genetic testing, depending on individual policy limitations. For help with pre-authorization or billing information, contact us at (260) 266-9250. Questions are welcome.
Location and contact information
The Parkview Genetics Center
Suite 320, Parkview Comprehensive Cancer Center
11143 Parkview Plaza Drive (Entrance 4, Parkview North Campus)
Fort Wayne, IN 46845
(260) 266-9279 fax
Hours: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Saturday
Specific test information can also be found in the Test Directory at lab.parkview.com.