Trauma Symposium registration opens
For all pre-hospital providers, physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, pharmacists, and all other healthcare professionals who may be interested:
Friday, May 13, 2011
7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Ceruti’s Reception Hall
6601 Innovation Blvd.
Fort Wayne, IN 46818
Focusing on some uncommon traumatic injuries, presentations will include:
- Bizarre Penetrating Injuries – Adil H. Haider, MD BS, MPh, FACS, trauma surgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Md.
- Deadly Brew: Meth Labs – Sgt. Adam Smith, Indiana State Police; Fire Chief Mike Riehm, Kendallville Fire Department; and Chris Smith, Firefighter/Training Officer, Kendallville Fire Department, Kendallville, Ind.
- Strange Animal Injuries – Belinda Lewis, Fort Wayne Animal Care & Control, and Nikki Hartman, Fort Wayne-Allen County Department of Health
- Shocking Electrocution – Tom Gutwein, MD, FACEP, Professional Emergency Physicians, Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Eerie Exchange: Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation – Judiann Miskulin, MD, Indiana University Medical Center and Wishard Health System, Indianapolis, Ind.
- The Forensic Pathology of Trauma: Truth is Stranger than Fiction – Scott Wagner, MD, Pathology and Forensic Consultants, Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Dr. Aaland’s Farewell – Mary O. Aaland, MD, FACS, formerly with Parkview Hospital’s Trauma Centers and Indiana Surgical Specialists, Fort Wayne, Ind.
Registration forms may be completed and sent to Brenda Morgan, Parkview Trauma Services, via inter-office mail or fax at (260) 373-3517. For more information, call (260) 373-3500.
A registration fee of $75 includes breakfast and lunch. A reduced fee of $25 is offered to EMS/pre-hospital providers who provide a copy of their current