To promote better health, one step at a time, Parkview Huntington Hospital will present its Healthy Steps health fair on Tuesday, April 10, from 6 to 10 a.m., in the front lobby and lower-level classrooms of the hospital, 2001 Stults Road, Huntington.
Free screenings will include, but will not be limited to:
- Bone density
- Body fat analysis
- Breathing assessment
- Foot screening
- Skin cancer screening (appointment required; (260) 355-3802 or (800) 533-2252, ext. 53802)
Digital screening mammography and HeartSmart CT scans will also be available. Appointments are required and there is a cost. To schedule a mammography or CT scan, call (260) 355-3802 or (800) 533-2252, ext. 53802.
Lab tests and services will include:
- Fasting Blood Chemistry 17 (glucose / sugar, lipid profile, cholesterol, etc.) – $20. An eight- to 12-hour fast from food, drink (including coffee and soda), mints, gum, etc., is required. Water is allowed, and diabetics should continue their normal therapy schedule.
- CRP Ultra Sensitive blood test (detects early heart disease) – $23.
- Hemogram blood test (anemia / iron screen) – $10.
- PSA blood test (prostate screen) – $23.
- TSH blood test (thyroid screen) – $23.
- Hemoglobin A1C (diabetes screen) – $23.
Test results will be returned by mail in approximately two weeks. Following lab tests, breakfast will be available for purchase in the HOSPITALity café from 6 to 10 a.m.
Additional discounts are available for Senior Partners. Payment by check or cash for all services is preferred. For additional information about the event, call (260) 355-3802 or (800) 533-2252, ext. 53802.