Fort Wayne, Ind. – Friday, Aug. 17, 2012 — Parkview and YMCA officials today joined together to promote a new program, Parkview LiVe, which is a health and wellness initiative aimed at creating awareness for and supporting healthier lifestyles for families.
One component of LiVe is a “Park Farther” project. YMCA representatives today painted designated parking spots at the Renaissance Pointe YMCA with the message of “Park here to walk farther and be healthier….Parkview LiVe.” Parkview is partnering with local businesses and community organizations in an effort to encourage people to take a few more steps and see the benefits.
LiVe focuses on eight healthy habits centered on food, activity and support.
- Always eat breakfast and make it healthy
- Eat more fruits and vegetables
- Limit or eliminate sweetened drinks
- Limit screen time (TV, video games, Internet)
- Increase physical activity
- Eat meals together as a family sitting down
- Be positive about food
- Don’t criticize about weight
LiVe is part of Parkview’s commitment toward building healthier communities in our region and emphasizing the importance of community as a place where we work, live and play. For more information, visit www.livehealthy.parkview.com.